Autumn Frozen Dog Treat - 3 Ingredients
The cold weather is here but that’s not going to stop Cooper from munching on frozen treats given to him. As sweater weather approaches, I wanted to create a simple frozen dog treat that encapsulates the essence of autumn/winter: pumpkin and broth. By combining three simple ingredients that boasts a great deal of benefits for dogs, I was able to give Cooper something healthy and delicious that he loves to gobble up on.
1. In a blender, combine blueberries, pumpkin puree, and bone broth.
2. Blend completely until all ingredients are properly mixed together.
3. Pour into silicone mold(s).
4. Pop into freezer for 4-5 hours (or overnight).
5. Give to your pup to enjoy! You can either give it to them as is or add it to their meal for a refreshing surprise.
Notes & Tips:
When using homemade bone broth or store-bought bone broth, please make sure that it is dog-friendly which means that there should be no salt or other seasonings. It should be the most basic bone broth you’ve ever seen. See here for homemade bone broth recipe.
Make sure that the pumpkin purée is unsweetened and NOT pie-filling. There should be no other ingredients in the purée other than pumpkin (if you can, get organic).
Feel free to tag us on Instagram at @littlecooperbear if you end up making this! We would love to see your pup’s reaction. Thank you for tuning in and enjoy!